Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Whole 30: Day 2

Day 2 was not quite as good as Day 1, but I managed to get through. This was also my first day back to work since starting this. So, I now know I need to do some preparation ahead of time.

Breakfast was good, bacon and eggs. I also whipped up a drink of a half banana, decaf coffee, and dark chocolate almond milk. Now, I know the almond milk is not 100% Whole30 approved, BUT, its a conscious decision that I am going to drink it until it runs out and then get the unsweetened original or try coconut milk. I've accepted it, you all can too. ;)

Lunch was leftovers from last night: baked chicken, grilled eggplant and tomatoes, and I added an avocado. I snacked on some cantaloupe about 3pm. I was a bear come 4:30. Obviously, something was off in my body. So, I decided to have dinner early, I had about half a serving of Mexican Pork Stew. Pork chops, sweet potatoes, fire roasted tomatoes, and diced green chiles. This made me much happier.

We hit the 6:30 class at CrossFit Cochise, which is new for us, but due to work schedules that is where we are this week. It was a good class. "Nancy" was the workout.

5 rounds for time:
400m Run
15 Overhead Squats 95# for men, 65# for women

Due to my plaguing shoulder issues, which I think was made much worse by yesterday's bench press and pull-up workout, I did overhead squats with only a 10# bar. But, for me, the big deal was the run. I completed the workout in 22:22. I ran the entire 400m every time. That is big for me.

So, after dinner I had a bit of almond milk and I called it a day.

Day 2 done, and now I'm prepared for Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment