Friday, June 14, 2013

Tabata Thursday

Thursday at CrossFit has become to be an "Active Rest" day. Usually we do body weight exercise, or sled pushes, or tire flipping. Something that is hard but not heavy weight. Yesterday, we did a Tabata workout. Tabata workouts are formatted in this way: 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest. Repeat. Tabata's generally last 4 minutes. Four minutes doesn't seem that long, but it really is when you're working hard for 20 seconds at a time.

Thursday we did this Tabata workout:

20 seconds of medicine ball slams
10 seconds of plank (REST)
20 seconds of kettlebell swings
10 seconds of plank (REST)
For 10 minutes.

Steven and I paired up, so that one of us could count while the other worked out. I went first. Prescribed weight for women was 20# medicine ball and 1 pood (16kg) kettlebell. I did 131 reps total. Steven's prescribed weight was 30# medicine ball and 1.5 pood (24kg). He did 139 reps total.

It was a good workout. I followed it up with some more pull-up work so I can get even closer to my birthday goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment