Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Whole 30: Day 1

Day 1:

I was a little apprehensive but excited about Day 1. Usually, the hunger makes me snap. And, since I was not working today and was at home with all the "other" food available to me, I was not sure of my chances. But, I DID IT!

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs (with water instead of milk), nitrate-free sausage, and red peppers; served over half an avocado  Since my husband embarked on this with me, a little uncertainly, I made enough for both of us. My goal was to make it to 10 o'clock before feeling hungry. I couldn't even finish my plate full of good food, and I wasn't hungry until I started packing up lunch.

I did a speed workout this morning, 1/2 mile warm-up at 10:30 pace and then 8x100m repeats at 8:00 pace.

I prepared lunch to take to eat with Steven at work. I baked tilapia with some seasoning blend from Costco. I also chopped up raw vegetables (celery, red pepper, carrots) and then whipped up an avocado dip with my emersion blender. We ate this and it was good!

I had a small snack mid-afternoon, because I knew dinner would be late due to CrossFit. I had a quarter of a cantaloupe and some cashews.

CrossFit today was another benchmark workout, Lynne. For this we did 5 rounds for max reps. Bench press and pull-ups. So, for Round 1, you do as many bench press reps as you can and then you do as many pull-ups as you can. Then the rest of the rounds, resting as needed. You are supposed to do this bench press with your body weight. Obviously, that is hard for a lot of people, particularly women. So, I did bench press at 85#. And I used the black band for my pull-ups.

My left shoulder was sore today and it was obvious on these two exercises. But, I learned a few new technique things on my bench press that I think will help me when I'm at 100%. And, after class, I attempted to go down in bands. The bands make you lighter when you are doing pull-ups, the black band "takes away" 100 pounds. The next one is the green one, which removes 60 pounds. I was able to combine the blue and red and go down to 90 pounds. Its a step in the right direction of pull-ups.

I did 71 total reps tonight. A good benchmark for the next time, at least.

I came home and prepared dinner. I had put chicken in the crockpot with olive oil and some of that same seasoning blend. Then I grilled eggplant slices and served them with tomato on top. It was excellent. And, husband has lunch for tomorrow.

Day 1 was a great success. Day 2 will be as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment