Saturday, June 15, 2013

Fundamental Friday

Friday was a return to fundamentals. Coach was concerned that we, the members at the box, may be progressing too quickly with too much weight, so we spent time on technique. The nine fundamental Crossfit movements are:

Air squats
Front squats
Overheard squats
Straight press
Push press
Push jerk
Medicine ball clean
Deadlift
Sumo deadlift high pull

After performing these correctly, a good number of times. We were to choose our weakest movement and complete 5 rounds of 10 reps with weight.

I didn't have much choice, as the push jerk is one of my weakest movements by far. I didn't even have time to add weight to my Bella Bar (more on that next post). I left the gym feeling frustrated.

Crossfit was my third workout of the day, I had run 1.5 miles earlier that morning, and then attended Annihilation class, which was full of squats and lunges. My legs were tired and I was discouraged. But, it was another day closer to getting better at this sport.

We are only as strong as our weakest element. I have my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment