Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Perfect Date

One of the things I cherish most about CrossFit is when Steven and I get to go together. It happens most Saturdays and just a few other times during the week. Today was a great example about why I love it.

Our workout today involved partners. Ordinarily, Steven would be paired up with another guy, as men and women generally lift different weights. In our group this morning, there weren't any other men who could lift his weight. I said I would try the 95#. It didn't exactly work, so we compromised from my 65# and landed at 75#. We then took turns walking with the barbell in the front squat position. We each did 10m at a time until we went 20 times each, or 400m total.

It was really fun working with him. He pushes me and encourages me, and makes me want to do better to keep up with him. It was a lot of fun.

After our lunges, we each did 200 situps with either a 5# plate (me) or a 10# plate (him). This was not as much fun, but I powered right through.

I can't wait until Tuesday night, when we get to go together again. Who knows, may be one day we'll take a picture like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment