Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful men in my life. I'm happy I was able to spend time with almost all of them recently, even though the miles continue to separate us.

My father, who has been supportive in everything I've dared to dream up and has been publicly proud of all that I've managed to accomplish. And I know that he has been so very happy to be Gramps to my kids. (And I know he won't mind sharing this post with the other men he's brought into my life.)

My father-in-law, who has never once treated me like an "in-law," has always been happy to have us visit, and has been a great grandfather to our kids. He even ran a 5k with me on a muggy, rainy day last August.

My Father-in-law and my Father at our wedding, 2006.
My PopPop and my Grandpa Middleton were so much fun growing up! Sneaking us cookies and playing cards past bedtime. I am so lucky to have been able to spend some time with Grandpa Middleton and still have my PopPop around to be sneaking cookies to my kids.

PopPop and Abi watching the waves
March 2011.

My Uncle Tom has been a special gift to me. He's always pushing me to do my best and to keep on learning. I think I owe my desire to keep reading and learning to him. He and Aunt Sue have always been there for the important things in my life, and I'm so glad for it!

Uncle Tom, affectionately called the UT
at Lisa's wedding. May 2013.
And, of course, my husband. Who I'm so blessed to spend (almost) every day with and watch him play with our kids. Marriage is a journey, and we've had our share of excitement, moves, and time apart, but seeing the kids run to him when he comes home each night is the best part!


Visting Daddy when he had to "sleep over at work"
last week. June 2013.

1 comment: