Friday, June 7, 2013

Catching up on the week

Weeks always seem so hectic when I work, add to that Steven started golfing for the Commander's Cup Competition, and one staff duty and I'm not shocked the next time I can write is on Friday.

Tuesday's WOD: Fight Gone Bad
This workout is a rough 17 minutes!
You do each thing for 1 minute, after the 5th thing, you take a 1 minute rest. Then you repeat for 3 full rounds.

1 - wall ball shots (14#)
2 - sumo deadlift high pulls (55#)
3 - 24" box jumps (I did step-ups)
4 - push press (55#)
5 - row, for calories

For each round, you counted your reps and then added the calories you rowed. My goal was to hit 50 reps on each round. My scores looked like this:

Round 1: 78
Round 2: 63
Round 3: 55
Total Score: 196

Wednesday's WOD: Snatches

I went into the box on Wednesday feeling pretty sore and tired. I did the warm-up, I practiced Snatches, I even got one round into the workout, and then I stopped. I was so proud of myself that I actually stopped because it hurt. I was glad of the support from the coaches and the rest of the class that it was the right decision.

Thursday: I took this day completely off due to the continued soreness in my back. I was really hoping a day off would "fix" it.

Friday: Amazing Grace

I was right! A day off did me good! I headed into the gym with pep in my step and was determined to complete the WOD.

3 rounds:
10 Clean and Jerks 65#
10 Handstand push-ups (I can only do halfway down, so I did 20 halfway pushups instead)

I completed this in 14:58. As we discovered today, I can do this with more weight. But I'm having some form issues on my clean. So I was glad to use the lower weight to try to break through the dead end that I hit  with cleans. I did the clean and jerk at 85, but was unable to do it at 95. The other girls in the gym rocked it and were able to hit new PRs (Personal Records) and hit 90# and 95#. I just love it when someone hits a new record!

I can't wait to see what Saturday morning holds for us at CrossFit Cochise!

No comments:

Post a Comment