Monday, June 3, 2013

Just another Manic Monday

What should have been an awesome WOD today was thwarted. First by the soreness from Saturday's intense lunges. Then by the dead legs I had from running for the first time in over a week  last night. And third, by my concern for my daughter. I left Abigail at school screaming her head off for no apparent reason.

So, with all of that in my head, I approached the WOD with low expectations.

"Deadman Sprinting"
15 min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
5 Deadlifts 1.5 BW/BW
200m Sprint

So, no way was I doing my body weight for deadlifts today. I settled for 155#. Halfway through the second round, I dropped it to 135#. I completed only 5 full rounds, getting all the deadlifts for the 6th round done before time stopped.

My back is sore, my legs are sore, and my hands are sore, despite wearing gloves. But, Workout #1 for the day is done. This afternoon/evening I will crank out a cardio session, I'm thinking rowing, and call today a success.

And, the best part: Tomorrow is another day with another WOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment