Friday, October 28, 2011

Fall Cookies

Baking cookies used to be really easy. I'd make the dough, bake the cookies, and be done with it. Obviously that was before I decided to attempt "Super Mom" status. Yesterday we made cookies. It was an all day affair. In the morning, we ran to the commissary for the extra flour I'd need (of course I pick a recipe that calls for 6 cups of flour!). Then I made the batter while the kids had naps (in between hemming clothes and working on Halloween costumes). After lunch we started rolling out the dough and using cookie cutters. Here's where the real fun began!

Declan and Abi wanted to help, but really, this was not a job for "helping." I sent the to their play kitchen, complete with a bowl, a spatula, and some cookie cutters. They made their own cookies, for about 10 minutes. I completed all the cookies and then decorated some of the little ones with the Spray Frosting for snacks. We'll finish decorating the rest this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment