Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days to an Organized Home

My friend Kate turned me onto this blog in an attempt to calm me down after one of my weekly freak outs. (I can't help but do this weekly when I feel my house/life is out of control.) Most of you are probably thinking, yeah right, Rebecca has it all under control. I normally feel this way too, but sometimes I just get behind in housework and life in general. I quickly read Day 1 and realized that clutter is bad! Especially when you move frequently. So, I skipped ahead to Day 2 and redid my closet!

What I changed:

  • shoe bins for the kids on the shoe shelf by the front door
  • condensed all paper products and put them in the storage unit in the garage, freeing up shelf space
  • stacked two bins of winter clothes to create more floor space
  • put all "running gear" in a basket, condensing clutter on the shelf
  • created a dry erase calendar to keep my daily packing list so I don't forget to put anything in the car
What I have left to do:
  • gradually replace mismatched hangars so everything looks uniform
  • remove puzzles and games from the shelf, when I have a designated place
  • move shoe shelf into closet? 
  • add some hooks for umbrellas, hats, leashes, etc.
This is the blog, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment