Friday, May 6, 2011

Military Spouses


The Friday before Mother's Day is Military Spouses Appreciation Day. To all my fellow MilSpouses, I say Thank You!

I am so truly fortunate to know so many amazing MilSpouses that have made my adventure as an Army Wife so much easier and more enjoyable. I've been mentored by spouses, I've been cared for, I've been taught, I've been listened to, I've had many shoulders to cry on, and so much support. It would not be an exaggeration at all to say that this lifestyle would not be possible without my fellow MilSpouses. Here are a couple of examples:

*coming home from a vacation to my family to a clean house
*being taken to the hospital early one morning in pre-term labor and always having someone at my side
*being forced out of the house during that first deployment


*having a place to stay in Italy and a babysitter
*not having to cook for the 6 weeks I was on bedrest AND having friends clean my house AND having people help take Declan to daycare
*being welcomed into a new community with open arms
*being friends with someone (and knowing you can call them when you're in need) after spending 8 hours with them 4 years ago

These are just a few things that set MilSpouses apart from the rest. We are a close knit group who will stand together despite any differences, band together to ward off those lonely deployment days, and provide for each other as family would. Because we ARE family. And, while some will say we have the hardest job in the military, I am proud to say that we have the most amazing support system.

To all MilSpouses, enjoy your day! And may the nights go swiftly until we are reunited again!

No comments:

Post a Comment