Monday, February 25, 2013

Garlic Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes

This was on my Once a Month Mom schedule for February and we've eaten it twice in two weeks and devoured it. Its amazing, so I wanted to share.

Garlic Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes
Author/Source: Get Crocked, adapted by me.

Makes 8 servings.

Ingredients
1tsp olive oil
About 3 pounds of pork, I used pork chops, you could use a roast
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
5 tsps garlic, minced
1/4 tsp poultry seasoning (?? I skipped this)
1/4 cup apple juice or white wine (I used apple juice)
3 1/4 cup sweet potatoes, cubed (about one large one)
1 cup chicken broth

Divide the ingredients into two freezer bags. Freeze/Thaw. Cook on low in crockpot for 7-8 hours.

I served it tonight with CousCous (husband) and Macaroni & Cheese (kids). It was a hit, again. I need to double it next time so we have enough for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment