Monday, February 25, 2013

Race Report: Sentinel 8k Run

I just love going into a race knowing I am going to PR. Of course, it helps when I am running a brand new distance! Today I ran the Sentinel Chase 8k on Fort Huachuca. An 8k race is just shy of 5 miles. My goal was to do it under 1 hour, I was SO CLOSE! My Nike+ watch said I crossed the line at 1:00:55, the clock at the finish line said an even 1:01:00. I'm still awaiting chip times, but even so, I'm very pleased with this race.

While the logistics of the race were a bit frazzled (it was the first time this group had done this race) the course was great. It was something I was very comfortable with, as I've run pretty much every road on this installation this year.

Mile Splits:
Mile 1: 10:30
Mile 2: 12:22 (a few walk breaks, mile 2 is always the hardest)
Mile 3: 12:18
Mile 4: 11:59
Mile 5: 11:51

The average pace was 11:43, which is significantly faster than my last race. I'm well on my way to hit my sub 3hour goal at my half-marathon next week.

As I get pictures I will add them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment