Monday, February 4, 2013

More Freezer Cooking

I've really embraced this Freezer Cooking and I'm so glad that I have! We are eating out less and eating healthier in general. I wanted to take the time to share some new recipes with you.

Lemon Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops
24 oz tomato sauce
1 onion, quartered and sliced
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1T lemon-pepper seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
1T Worcestershire Sauce
1-2 Lemons (halved)

Put everything in the crockpot (or freezer bag and then crockpot) and cook on low for 8 hours. It is recommended to serve with rice or couscous, but I just steamed some broccoli and mixed it all together. It was awesome, and the reserve sauce would be perfect on some (veggie) spaghetti.

Picadillo
1.5 pounds ground beef
2 large onions
1 3/4 cup stock
8oz salsa
1 T tomato paste
1 T chili powder
1 t cumin
1/2 c raisins

Cook the onions and ground beef and then add everything else to the bag. Freeze. Thaw and cook for 7-8 hours on low. Serve with rice, pasta, or tortillas. (I split the recipe into two bags.)

Brown Sugar Chicken
6 chicken breasts
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
2/3 cup vinegar
3 cloves of garlic, smashed and chopped
2T soy sauce
1t pepper

Cook on low for 6-9 hours or high for 4-5. The chicken falls apart in the crockpot. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment