Friday, June 10, 2011

Spiced Carrot and Zucchini Bread

I have a friend who comes over for coffee about once a week and usually I bake something yummy for us to eat. This week, I was thinking about what to make and thought banana bread. Except this particular friend doesn't like banana bread. That got the creative juices flowing and I discovered this wonderful Pampered Chef recipe for Spiced Carrot and Zucchini Bread. It was wonderful! The next time I make this (since it only uses about half a zucchini, it will have to be soon) I am going to try to alter the recipe so its healthier.

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cup finely chopped carrots (about 3-4 carrots)
3/4 cup finely chopped zucchini (about 1/2)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
2/3 cup vegetable oil (I plan to substitute applesauce for this)
1/2 cup milk (skim)
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Directions:
1. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves. Add remaining ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
2. Spoon batter into loaf pan. Bake 65-70 minutes at 350.

Yields 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment