Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Real Life Army Wife

Remember that scene in Season One of Army Wives when TJ takes the boys to the pool? When the boys are the only ones fooling around and talking during Retreat at 1700? I've seen some of that here during the past 6 months. As well as people driving or running into buildings to avoid having to stand at attention. It really irks me. I mean, if my 2.5 year old can stand still and quiet for Retreat and To the Colors, anyone can!

I took the kids to the neighborhood pool today and about 5 minutes before 1700, the lifeguards called for the hourly break (aka adult swim time). When Retreat sounded, everyone was silent. Everyone. Babies, toddlers, teenagers, and adults. Quiet and respectful. You could have heard a pin drop. It gave me goosebumps. It made me proud.

1 comment: