Saturday, June 4, 2011

Race for the Cure 2011


This morning, me and 5 members of the Pink Pals, headed out to Washington, D.C. to participate in the 2011 Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure. This was my third time participating in this event, but my first in D.C. (For the history books, the first was in Scranton and I walked the 2miles, the second was 2010 in Frankfurt.)

This experience was phenomenal. Despite getting up at 0515, figuring out the crazy Metro cards, and eventually finding my way to the start line, I had goosebumps every time I passed a pink shirt. Even now, several hours later, thinking about all the people that took their Saturday morning to participate in this event makes me smile. I really hope to continue this tradition for decades. I can't wait to bring the kids, run with them, and then watch them pass me. I can't wait to keep bringing new people to this experience. I can't wait until we find a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment