Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 - Reading Goal

In 2012 I set out to read 50 books. I had done this in 2010, when I first got my kindle, was on bed rest with Abigail and thought I had more time to read. This year I wasn't sure I would make it, but I surpassed my goal in early December. I am reading the last book of Margaret Truman's Capital Crimes series and have decided I will conquer books a different way in 2013.

In 2013 I intend to read the complete Kay Scarpetta series by Patricia Cornwell. In fact, I already started and completed Book 1 last week. So that gives me 19 books. There are also a few other Cornwell series, a series by murder mystery author Karin Slaughter, and I need to stay current on my James Patterson releases.

I'd also like to read more non-fiction. I plan to read one non-fiction book a month this year. So between Cornwell and my non-fiction books, I'll be halfway to 50 books for 2013.

I am starting a book club here at Fort Huachuca, modelling it after my beloved book club at Fort Meade. We will read whatever we like, get together over snacks and share reviews and swap titles. I can't wait for our first meeting in January. I keep my reading lists up-to-date on goodreads.com if you'd like to follow.

Total books read in 2012: 56!

Complete List:

#1 - Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday (High Heels Mysteries Series #1)
#2 - Killer in High Heels by Gemma Halliday (High Heels Mysteries Series #2)
#3 - Frequent Traveler by Pandora Poikilos
#4 - Officer Down by by David DeLee
#5 - Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
#6 - Through Smoke by JR Tate
#7 - Babies in the Bargain by Mona Risk
#8 - The Red Tent by Anita Diament
#9 - Toys by James Patterson
#10 - The Spinster Sisters by Stacey Ballis
#11 - Ivy and Bean, Book One
#12 - True Devotion by Dee Henderson
#13 - For His Eyes Only by TC Archer
#14 - A Week at the Beach by Virginia Jewel
#15 - Blue Skies Tomorrw by Sarah Sundin
#16 - Private #1 Suspect by James Patterson
#17 - The Merlot Murders by Ellen Crosby
#18 - The Chardonnay Charade by Ellen Crosby
#19 - The Bordeaux Betrayal by Ellen Crosby
#20 - The Reisling Retribution by Ellen Crosby
#21 - The Viognier Vendetta by Ellen Crosby
#22 - Private Games by James Patterson
#23 - The Sauvignon Secret by Ellen Crosby (I think this is the last one, and I'm bummed.)
#24 - A Painted House by John Grisham
#25 - Calico Joe by John Grisham
#26 - Guilty Wives by James Patterson
#27 - From Ashes to Honor by Loree Lough
#28 - Rest in Pizza by Chris Cavender
#29 - In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
#30 - Off the Menu by Stacey Ballis
#31 - 11th Hour by James Patterson
#32 - Oceans Apart by Karen Kingsbury
#33 - Kill me if you can by James Patterson
#34 - The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman (didn't exactly finish, but I gave it a good try)
#35 - Confessions of a Counterfeitt Farm Girl by Susan McCorkindale
#36 - Jackdaws by Ken Follett
#37 - Zoo by James Patterson
#38 - Hostage in Havana by Noel Hynd
#39 - Ford County by John Grisham
#40 - Don't Blink by James Patterson
#41 - Murder in Miami by Noel Hynd
#42 - Blueberries with Sal by Robery McClousky
#43 - Emergency: Wife Lost and Found by Carol Marinelli
#44 - Murder at the Library of Congress by Margaret Truman
#45 - Murder at Ford's Theater by Margaret Truman
#46 - NYPD Red by James Patterson
#47 - Murder at the Opera by Margaret Truman
#48 - Murder at Union Station by Margaret Truman
#49 - Murder on K Street by Margaret Truman
#50 - Sorority Sisters by Claudia Welch
#51 - Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell
#52 - Murder inside the Beltway by Margaret Truman
#53 - Murder at the Washington Tribune by Margaret Truman
#54 - Monument to Murder by Margaret Truman
#55 - The Amish Midwife by Mindy Starns Clark, Leslie Gould
#56 - Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal




No comments:

Post a Comment