Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Running Recap

My sister, Maggie, and me after
our second race together, July 2012. 
My second full year running was hit and miss. I had a huge schedule planned and didn't get to follow through on it all. Injuries and an unexpected move but some hiccups in my plans, but overall, I came out ok.

I started 9 races, and finished 8. I battled back from a stress fracture and am still recovering from a sprained ankle, which ended my 9th race of the year. I beat my own personal record for the 5k by 1 minute and 47 seconds. I ran two 5ks in one weekend, and my longest training run of the year was 5.5 miles and my pace has gotten much more consistent.

I have a very ambitious race calendar for 2013 including two half marathons, a 10k, and a possible Ragnar Relay Race. I hope to be 10k ready at all time, and to break 35 minutes on my 5k time. Most of all, I want running to become part of my everyday life. I want to wake up and run, everyday. I need to get more consistent and schedule in the time for myself. Here's to 500 miles in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment