Friday, January 11, 2013

January Workout Goals

I've posted about long-term goals for my physical life this year, now its time to focus on my short-term goals.

1. Half-Marathon on March 2nd

Really, everything I am doing the next two months revolve around this goal. It is a huge goal, once I have worked towards before and one I will achieve this year.


My January workout plan has me doing 3 things pretty much every day. I'm scheduled to run 64 miles, including one 10k (6.2 mile) race on January 19th.  I'm also participating in a plank challenge, which has me doing planks ranging from 1 minute to 4 minutes by the end of the month. The third thing I'm working on is push-ups. Real push-ups. Off of my knees. I'm doing a challenge that has me starting at 5 push-ups and working up to 40.



When this is all said and done, I think I'll be right on track for my short-term goal. February will consist of more running with my long runs building up to 10-11 miles before the race. I'm not sure of my February strength/core goals yet, but that will be decided soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment