Monday, December 3, 2012

Its all Greek to Me!

Last night I made (by made I mean threw in the crock pot, because I had prepared sometime last week) Greek Chicken Pitas. I loved it, Steven was excited about the prospect of leftovers for lunch this week. The kids scoffed at the chicken, but devoured the veggies, hummus, and pita bread. Not such a bad thing.....


Here's the recipe:

Throw the following in a crockpot on low for 4-6 hours:

  • one medium onion, sliced
  • one clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 pound of chicken breasts
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
After the chicken is cooked, shred it and return to the crockpot. Stir in 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.

Assemble in pita pockets with 1/2 c chopped cucumber, 1 diced tomatoes, and 1 red pepper, thinly sliced. I also added hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment