Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another frozen meal success

Honestly, the hardest part about having all these freezer meals is remembering to take one out of the freezer in time to defrost it. We tried a new one last night, Chicken Broccoli Alfredo.

1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
2-16 oz jars of Alfredo sauce (I used the light sauce)
1 large green pepper, diced
4 oz can of sliced mushrooms (I used 8 oz of fresh mushrooms)
16 oz of frozen broccoli florets

I put everything but the broccoli in a freezer bag and froze it. I then added the broccoli to the crockpot when the rest of it had thawed. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, and enjoy!

We ate it like a soup, but I think it would be good with egg noodles or rice. It was awesome, and we have enough leftovers for lunch today. A perfect soup-type meal for this "cold" spell we are having.

No comments:

Post a Comment