Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Husband took me out for an amazing birthday dinner last night. A special thanks to Jenny & Ben for watching the kiddos. We ate at Victoria, a Gastro Pub in Columbia. It came highly recommended by our foodie friend, and it lived up to our expectations. I'm glad we made a reservation, because it was quite busy. Tuesdays, as we found out, are 'Tini Tuesdays, so all martinis were half off. 

There is an extensive drink menu. Beers from all over the world, including some that are $55 a bottle. And wine lists galore. I chose a German dunkel and DH had a Flying Dog Whit Beer. We were both pleased. We added some duck fat fries as an appetizer. Before you wrinkle your nose, they were amazing! Fried in duck fat and served with a nice dipping sauce, they were amazing.

For our main course, I had American Dip, a French Dip but with American beef and Vermont Cheddar Cheese. It was to die for. From the first bite, DH could tell I loved it. I opted for a baby spinach salad instead of fries, since we already had some of those. Husband had the Fish and Chips, which was served with a crab romulade dip. He thought it was great and I agreed. For desert we shared a Coconut Creme Brule that had a hint of pineapple. I topped it off with a Smore's Martini - hey, it was my birthday!

Overall, this restaurant was excellent. We will definitely be going back. Price wise, it could get a little steep, but if you skipped the alcohol, its very doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment