Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Visitor WOD

This morning, on the tail end of our family vacation to the East Coast, my husband and I found a new box in town. We were able to attend a class for free this morning and convinced our friends to join us.

This box was set up slightly differently, but they welcomed us with open arms. The kids were in an area of their own to play, but they could still see us.

We warmed up with a 500m row, 15 wall ball shots with 14#, 10 pushups, 5 hollow rockers and supermans, and then 5 minutes of handstand work.

After that we moved into some strength workouts. 4 sets of 2 reps of back squats increasing in weight each time. Then a 5 rep maximum weight press. (Think the same move as a bench press but while standing.)

Then the WOD. This consisted of 5 Thrusters (115# for men/75# for women), 10 hollow rockers, and 5 chin-ups. We did this circuit as many times as possible in 15 minutes. I did 8 full rounds. I did the first two at 75# and the last 6 at 65#.

I'm really glad we were able to workout today and that this other box was so welcoming and accommodating. It encourages me to continue to find Crossfit gyms and communities as work may have me traveling in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment