Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hero WOD

One of the things I like most about CrossFit is the sense of communities and support you get from the other people in the gym. Never have I felt like people were frustrated or upset due to having to wait for someone to finish. More times than not, people are willing to run the last 400m with you, or do the last 15 burpees with you, or row 1000m while you finish up your workout. Its something I think ties in nicely with my little military lifestyle. In fact, a lot of the people we work out with are military families as well.

Last week, I experienced my first Hero WOD (Workout of the Day). These Hero WODs are appropriately named after fallen heroes. We did one honoring Army Captain Dan Whitten. This workout consisted of:
5 rounds, for time
22 kettlebell swings, 70#
22 box jumps, 24" box
400m run
22 burpees
22 wall ball shots, 20# medicine ball

Needless to say, Hero WODs are incredilby intense, both physically and mentally. On this day, most of us could only do 3 rounds, and with a reduced (or scaled) weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment