Friday, December 2, 2011

Let the Crafting Begin!

I've been bitten by the crafting bug, this time with a slight edge towards Christmas. Last night, I completed my first snowman wrap dress. I have made three of them and are hoping to sell them, since Abigail can't possibly wear 3 of the same dresses.


This morning I dug through a huge bag of "scraps' (that I bought for only $7!) and found the perfect material for an Abigail skirt. A few minor adjustments to my original measurements and its perfect. I'm so glad I remembered the elastic waistband trick from Aunt Sue. Its currently lacking a hem because Abigail is fighting a cold and is down for a nap.

I've got the kids working on ribbon paper, to make our own bows for wrapped presents this year. Its been an easy going, fun, and productive morning in the Alwine house. And this evening we get to see the Christmas Tree Lighting on base. The kids are so very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment