Monday, August 29, 2011

Back in the Game

I am so excited that I am back to running. Today starts my 3rd week back in the groove and it feels wonderful! I'm pain free, stronger, and faster than I was before my injury. I'm still going to physical therapy once a week for a few more weeks to keep working, but am able to train for my next race, on Sept 25th. I've restarted the Couch to 5K Program (C25K) and I'm on Week 5. This week that means:

Day 1: 5 min warm-up, Run 5, Walk 3, Run 6, Walk 3, Run 5, 5 min cool-down
             I did that this morning and covered a little less than 2.5 miles. It felt really good, the last 5 minute run my legs were a little heavy, and it was up a hill, but I made it.

Day 2: 5 min warm-up, Run 5, Walk 3, Run 8, Walk 5, Run 5, 5 min cool-down
             Wednesday morning run

Day 3: 5 min warm-up, Run 8, Walk 5, Run 8, 5 min cool-down
             Friday morning run

No comments:

Post a Comment