Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Virtual Race

St. Patrick's Day Virtual Race through this Virtual Race Series, is the next race in my quest for 13 in 2013.

I decided on 5 miles and I set out for a run on St. Patrick's Day morning. I picked a decent route, with a few uphills so I can keep challenging myself. I did not, however, anticipate how sore my legs were going to be after weight lifting on Friday.

I lasted 4.7 miles and it took me about 65 minutes. An absolute terrible pace, but there it was. Obviously I need to continue running throughout the week and pay more attention to when I schedule legs days in the gym. Aiming for 10-15 miles per week for the rest of March and April, so I need to figure out the right balance.

This race makes #5 in my quest, so I am over a third of the way there. Next race is a short 4.01k (2.5 miles) in mid-April.


No comments:

Post a Comment