Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Race Report: 9th Annual Run to Remember

Sunday morning, Robin and I ran a 5k run supporting Families of Fallen Law Enforcement Officials in Arizona. It was a very well organized and conducted run. We ran around the capitol building and other government buildings in Phoenix and it was so interesting to see everything green! Apparently, Phoenix spends some money on irrigation to make the city look less desert-y.

My legs were very, very, very tired and this was by far not my best run, but it was fun. It was fun to see all the people, there were several kids running, and older people walking. They had two water stations, and let me tell you, the hour and half difference in start times was obvious to me. This race started at 8 and it was already warmer than most of the half-marathon the previous day!

After the race we grabbed donuts (I know, a cop race with donuts at the end....) and then headed back home. I wish we had taken a picture, but I didn't think about it until we were home. If I run the Phoenix half next year, we will definitely do this race again.

No comments:

Post a Comment