Sunday, September 5, 2010

Two Fests in Two Days

I thought this summer and the 4,000+ miles my kids and I spent in the car together proved how awesome they are. This weekend, they proved it yet again. We hit two fests this weekend, with hours of fun, and no tears!

Idstein Witches Festival
Saturday was spent in the best way I know how .... with my girlfriends! We headed out to downtown Idstein and toured the town. Ice cream cones, creepy witches on stilts, and a gorgeous church later, we headed back to Chas's house and caught up on all I had missed this summer. Declan played with the "older" kids for hours. It was a perfect day.

Mainz Wine Fest
On Sunday, we took the train down to Mainz and walked to the Wine Fest in a beautiful park. Declan walked about 1/2 of the way and then gave up. I couldn't get too mad though, because he wanted Mommy cuddles. This fest was huge, and had more than enough for kids of all ages. Declan spotted the bouncy castle and wanted to play. I was prepared for a repeat of last time (sobbing hysterically). We had to go back a second time so he could play more! Abigail slept through most of the adventure, which is her style. We ate some Frikadellen, Curry Schinken, Pommes mit Mayo, some delicious beer, and a Nutella and banana crepe to top it off.

I'm not sure how this week will go, especially as I take on the kids full-time by myself, but I know that if they are half as good as they were this weekend, I will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment