Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

This morning the kids and I ventured to church on our own. Today's message was about slowing down and not trying to do everything all at once. It was a very appropriate message for me, and probably for most army wives out there. We often try to prove we can do everything on our own. Like its a competition. When really, the smartest thing to do is to ask for help when we need it. I am so blessed to have friends I can count on when things just get too hard, or too hectic. And while I cannot often repay them, I cannot wait until the day I can help out someone in my shoes. Paying it forward is the way of the army wife.

My goal for this week is to remember my priorities. To take care of my children and my self. The laundry can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment