Saturday, August 3, 2013

Meet Bella .... my juicer

Meet Bella, my juicer. She recently joined the ranks of kitchen appliances and has a prominent place on the counter. The first juice I made with Bella was a disaster. Totally yucky and sour. But then I attempted a simple pineapple and strawberry and it ws great. The worst part, of course, is clean-up. BUT, its all dishwasher safe. I also kept the pineapple pulp because I figure one day I'll use it for something.

This morning, Steven made the trek for our Bountiful Basket pick-up. $15 for all of this produce! I had also bought a pineapple, spinach, kale, celery, oranges, pears, apples, zucchini, a cucumber, and mushrooms yesterday. We are now more than ready for the week ahead.





I knew I had to do something with all of these veggies and fruits. I googled "kid-friendly juice recipes" and they were right. My first successful fruit/veggie combo drink was a hit with the kids.





This recipe was super easy. I doubled it to have enough for all three of us.

Carrot Pear Orange Juice
1 pear
1 orange
2 carrots

So simple. I think I'm actually going to prepare this ahead of time, similar to how I do most crock pot meals, so that it can accompany breakfast once a week. So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment