Monday, July 8, 2013

Paleo Lunch Date - Spaghetti Squash Style

Since I started (restarted?) my whole foods/clean eating/paleo thing (I refuse to call it a diet), husband has been on board, 95% of the way. He still likes his beer. Most days when I'm not working, I bring him lunch. We try to eat our bigger meal at lunch, since by the time we are home from CrossFit and get the kids fed/bathed/in bed, its pushing 7:30. Today I wanted something different.

Spaghetti Squash Goodness

I roasted my spaghetti squash in the crockpot. Its so easy. Put it in whole and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. Then I cut it in half, let it cool, scraped out the yucky insides and then scraped out the "noodles."

I added half a chopped tomato to each dish, as well as some bacon bits, and caramelized, garlic mushrooms. Of course those I found on pinterest.

All loaded up in some Tupperware and ready for a lunch date with my husband. He's lucky I didn't eat all the mushrooms before I got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment