Sunday, July 21, 2013

CrossFit Week of July 15th

This week has been awesome at CrossFit. Monday I wasn't able to make a class time, so I worked on my pull-ups and cleans at Open Gym. Finally made it past 95# and can now (inconsistently) clean 105#.

Tuesday we did Karen, another of the infamous 'Ladies of CrossFit.' As fast as you can, complete 150 wall ball shots. Prescribed weight is 18#/ for women and 20# for men. I did 16# and completed it in 9:16. I should have tried the 18#.

Wednesday was Death by Push-ups. This is very similar to the pull-up continuum we did a few weeks ago. The first minute, one push-up; the second minute, two push-ups, etc until you can't do the allotted number in the amount of time. I decided to do strict push-ups and do less of them instead of doing girl push-ups. I completed 6 rounds and 6 push-ups into the 7th round for a total of 27.

Thursday we had another girl workout - this time Nicole. Nicole is 20 minutes of as many rounds as possible of two elements. First, run 400 meters, then perform as many pull-ups as you can without stopping. As soon as you stop, return back to the run. Repeat as many times as possible. I completed 5 full rounds. Using the green and blue bands (a feat in itself) I completed 10, 5, 8, 7, 6 pull-ups totaling 36. Not bad for 20 minutes of work.

Friday was a Hero WOD. It was a fun one, but still really tough. 7 rounds of 15 kettlebell swings, 15 power cleans, and 15 box jumps. The Rx for this was 1.5 pood (55lbs) for the kettlebells, 95# for the cleans, and a 24" box. Before we started the workout, I attempted a 20" box jump for the first time ever, and did it! I scaled my workout as follows: 1 pood (36lbs) for the kettlebell swings, 85# for the power cleans, and a 16" box. I completed all 7 rounds in 38:47. Next time, I will do this workout as prescribed.

For all my efforts this week, I got this wonderful bruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment