Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

I've always been a proud and patriotic American. However I never realized the sacrifices our military members and their families make every day until I married a Soldier. In my nearly 4 years as an army wife, I have met some of the most amazing and strong people in the world. Families who go months without seeing their soldiers, children who rely on teddy bears and Skype to see their parents, service members who spend multiple birthdays, anniversaries, holidays in the desert; thousands of miles away from their loved ones.

These selfless men and women are willing to give their lives for the United States of America and for you. Remember that every day, every time you see the flag flying, every time you vote, every time you enjoy one of the many freedoms Americans take for granted.

Today's message is simple: Thank a Veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment