Sunday, November 14, 2010

Figaro, Figaro, Figaro, Figaro!

Last night Steven and I (along with a great group of friends) experienced the Opera for the first time. We got all spruced up and headed into Frankfurt to see The Marriage of Figaro, composed by Mozart. What a night! The talent was amazing and the evening was unforgettable. An added treat was that the two main characters (Figaro and Susanna) were played by a couple married in real life. Surprisingly, I was able to follow most of the plot using my limited prior knowledge of the story and my equally limited comprehension of Italian (due to my Spanish). My only regret is that we discovered our love for the Opera so soon before we leave Germany. Repeat trips will definitely be on the agenda for our next European Adventure. And to all my friends still in Germany, GO, you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment