Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Race Report: Marco Island Academy 5k

In March, the kids and I joined my mother, sister, brother, and grandparents on a "Spring Break" vacation to Marco Island, Florida. We spent a week there, celebrated spring birthdays, and met up with Aunt Sue and Uncle Tom, who were also vacationing in Florida. Aunt Sue saw a sign for a 5k the next day and brought it up at lunch. After a little bit of internet recon, Maggie and I decided to go for it. Grandma and PopPop watched the kiddos and Mom was able to meet us at the finish line.

It was a small 5k, maybe 100 people, and a fundraiser run for a local charter school. We were definitely the odd ones out, running on our vacation. But we had fun! The race curved through a local neighborhood and was delightfully flat. I had a good race, looking back it was consistent and my pace was good. It was hot and humid, but it was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment