Friday, March 11, 2011

Tackle List - Halfway Assembled

I've been doing a bible study with some new friends here at Ft. Meade. We are doing Donna Partow's Becoming the Woman God Wants You to Be and this week focused on management skills. Managing our lives, our time, our kids, our husbands; basically prioritizing and getting down to business.

One of the challenges this week was to compose (and start on) our Tackle List. This is comprised of everything we want to get done in our house, room by room. This is such an easy list for me to write, as most of the incomplete stuff is from our move, ie. blank walls and boxes. But, as I got down to the nitty gritty, I realized there is a lot to do. A list as complex and intricate as this usually overwhelms me. I see that there are just too many things to get done that I give up on it all.

However, I am invigorated and ready to tackle one task at a time. If I can get one extra thing done each day I have succeeded! Of course, some of these things will get done on the weekends with my handy man, and some things are as simple as recycling an empty box, but slowly and surely this list will get done.

Did I mention this two page list was only for the downstairs and excludes the garage? Well, one step at a time and I will get this house exactly where I want it. (Probably right about the time we are slated to leave, but isn't that the challenging part?)

No comments:

Post a Comment