Saturday, December 4, 2010

Daycare Adventure

Thursday and Friday of this week, Declan and Abigail went to hourly daycare. To my surprise (and concern) they were put in the same room on Friday. Now, this is absolutley no different from how they are at home everyday. Until you add in all the other kids ranging from 6 months to 3 years! This was my concern, thats a huge age range. My second concern was a repeat of the PWOC Potluck Pandemonium of 2010. In this case, I left Abigail in the crib in the nursery to take a nap and brought Declan downstairs to eat with me. Wow. Big mistake. Screaming, crying, refusing to walk, "Mommy, go get Abi NOW!" Needless to say, I was concerned that if they had to split up the kids on Friday, Declan would go postal.

I returned to pick up the children and was informed that they were both angels. I was not surprised. Not one bit. It warmed my heart to hear about how Declan would wander over to Abigail's play area to check on her throughout the day. And how he helped Miss Virginia get Abi's diapers and bottles and how he wanted to feed her squash. And that the first thing he did when he got up from his nap was "go check on Abigail."

I can only hope that when she grows up she realizes how lucky she is to have such a wonderful big brother.

Here is Declan, enjoying his enchiladas, in the hat he made at daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment