Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happiness

Last night Declan was bringing me piles of books to read, and one of them was Happiness by Charles Shultz. Here's my version:

Happiness is iced coffee at 6:45am.
Happiness is spending days with my husband.
Happiness is reading books with my 2 year old.
Happiness is Declan on one side and Abigail on the other, for naptime.
Happiness is lunch with my best friend.
Happiness is driving a stick shift.
Happiness is the view from my parent's kitchen.
Happiness is the feeling I get when Steven is logged on to google chat.
Happiness is when Abigail smiles at me like I'm the most important thing in the world.
Happiness is having friends who will answer the phone at 2am.
Happiness is knowing that 15 minutes with Grandma makes her week.
Happiness is getting kisses from Declan every time I ask for them, even if its five times in a row.
Happiness is cuddling on the couch with my kids.
Happiness is talking to my siblings on facebook, when 3 of us are in the same house.
Happiness is watching Declan play with his golf clubs while he tries to remember which one is the driver.
Happiness is getting packages in the mail, when its not my birthday or Christmas.
Happiness is German beer.
Happiness is watching Declan and Abigail play together.

Happiness is knowing the right answer on Jeopardy before Steven.
Happiness is going to bed at night knowing I had a productive day because I spent it with my kids, even if the laundry isn't done.

No comments:

Post a Comment